Triplify challenge 2010 - lebo and williams
From Data-gov Wiki
NOTE: The URI for the tool described in this submission is: http://purl.org/twc/id/software/csv2rdf4lod and is described at: https://github.com/timrdf/csv2rdf4lod-automation/wiki
Tim Lebo and Gregory Todd Williams submitted "Converting Governmental Datasets into Linked Data" to the 2010 Triplification Challenge. It has been nominated, and the slides for the talk are available.
ACM's listing is at http://portal.acm.org.libproxy.rpi.edu/citation.cfm?id=1839755
They created this page to provide supporting materials regarding the work discussed in the paper. Material is not being maintained at https://github.com/timrdf/csv2rdf4lod-automation/wiki.
- The current conversion/enhancement vocabulary is available at http://purl.org/twc/vocab/conversion/.
- It is a rough draft, while URI design for RDF conversion of CSV-based data is more up to date (and less formal).
- Planning to lod-materialize the triples on http://tw2.tw.rpi.edu/source
the URI: http://tw2.tw.rpi.edu/source/data-gov/dataset/1450/version/2009-May-18/thing_2 should be content-negotiated to obtain the desired RDF serialization (note the switch from "dataset" to "file"): http://tw2.tw.rpi.edu/source/data-gov/file/1450/version/2009-May-18/thing_2.nt http://tw2.tw.rpi.edu/source/data-gov/file/1450/version/2009-May-18/thing_2.ttl http://tw2.tw.rpi.edu/source/data-gov/file/1450/version/2009-May-18/thing_2.rdf
the URI: http://tw2.tw.rpi.edu/source/data-gov/dataset/1450/version/2009-May-18/thing_2.ttl (will) redirect(s) to the file URL: http://tw2.tw.rpi.edu/source/data-gov/file/1450/version/2009-May-18/thing_2.ttl
Additional reading material
- csv2rdf4lod - a tutorial for installing, converting, and serving linked data.
- A Proposal for Governmental Data URIs - a brief overview of URI design (with slight variation to accommodate data.gov's adoption)
- URI design for RDF conversion of CSV-based data - an in-depth look at enhancement parameters (note: these are running notes that we reference and update when performing conversions and when implementing the converter.)
|Dcterms:created||11 June 2010 +|
|Dcterms:creator||Tim Lebo +, and Gregory Todd Williams +|
|Dcterms:subject||linked data; conversion; csv; methodology; design +|
|Foaf:name||Converting Governmental Datasets into Linked Data|
|Skos:altLabel||Converting Governmental Datasets into Linked Data +, converting governmental datasets into linked data +, and CONVERTING GOVERNMENTAL DATASETS INTO LINKED DATA +|